If you have never tried making pizzas on naan bread I am so glad you are here because it is so good and needs to immediately become a staple recipe ~ super easy and always fun to create your own individual pizzas for nights with friends or family and naan typically makes the perfect size for individual pizza! It’s pillowy but not super heavy tasting like a thick crust pizza. Gets a perfect golden brown without tasting too crunchy. It’ really just crust perfection that you can buy already made.
This version is extremely simple and tastes amazing but is also very easy to adjust and do whatever you want with. The star here is the spicy balsamic micro arugula mix on top which is such a fun twist on the salad pizza trend. Considering the simplicity of this recipe and the fact that you obviously want to eat your pizza asap I’m keeping this post short and to the point ~ let’s get to baking those zas!
Naan Margherita Pizza with Chile Balsamic Micro Arugula
- 1 Naan Flatbread
- 1/4 cup marinara Sauce
- 1/3 sliced mozzarella ball
- 1 roma tomato thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp diced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 basil leaves thinly sliced
- 1 cup loosely packed micro arugula
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven per naan instruction, mine was 400′.
- Place flatbread on a baking sheet.
- Stir together sauce, diced onion, and garlic then spread on crust.
- Add mozzarella slices, I added 4 slices to flatbread
- Add basil.
- Bake 8 minutes, remove from oven, add tomato slices and bake another 5-7.
- While pizza is baking stir together micro arugula, balsmaic dressing and red pepper flakes.
- Top fully baked pizza with fresh arugula mix, slice up and enjoy!
- Please note pizza ingredients are all approxmiate estimates — make things as saucy, cheesy, spicy etc as YOU want.
- Don’t like onions, omit them?
- Don’t like balsamic, dry micro arugula would also be fine! Don’t like arugula? Skip it!
- Use shredded mozzarella if you have some on hand!
- Skip the extra tomato if you prefer just sauce.