Crab rangoon (puff) meets jalapeno popper — OMG. So good y’all. I’ve been a long time fan of jalapeno poppers (I know i’m not alone here), typically stuffed with a blend of cream cheese and cheddar, and always wrapped in bacon. I had some leftover crab meat I was trying to decide how to use up, Jason had brought home a bunch of jalapeños and here we are. I don’t know if I’ll ever plan to make these poppers without crab again you guys. Creamy cheese, crispy bacon, spicy jalapeno and real crab meat — 4 ingredient appetizer that is guaranteed to be a hit, if you’re even willing to share.
Crab & Cream Cheese Jalapeno Poppers
Crab rangoon meets jalapeno popper – YUM!
- 6 jalapeños
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 oz shredded crab meat
- 12 strips bacon use a thin/regular cut
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Mix together crab & cream cheese until evenly combined.
- Halve jalapenos, leave the stems on so cheese won’t melt out while cooking.
- I find it best to see which way the jalapeno naturally lays and slice in half in such a way that it will lay pretty flat when halved.
- Fill jalapeno halves with crab mix and wrap with one slice of bacon each.
- Bake 15 mins, and then turn broiler onto high and leave in another 3 minutes (this allows bacon to crispy nicely!
This makes 12 halves — easily adjust to make however many you want.
- Rule of thumb I used was 1 part crab to 2 parts cream cheese. Crab meat can typically be found in the seafood area near your butcher at the grocery store. I use real crab meat, not imitation!
- Do not use thick cut bacon — I find that with the extra time needed to fully cook and crisp thick cut, the peppers are over cooked. 2 strips per jalapeno.