I can’t stop, won’t stop with both peaches and burrata this summer. Best part about this salad though? Pan fried prosciutto! So easy and delicious if you haven’t tried before — cooks similar to bacon but quicker since it is so thin. The salty crispiness of the prosciutto mixed with the sweetness of the peaches and creaminess of burrata makes for the most mouth watering summer salad. Dressing is an easy and creamy homemade balsamic vinaigrette which pairs perfect with all ingredients and is extremely easy to make ~ although is of course unnecessary if you already have a dressing you want to use.
Crispy Prosciutto, Peach & Burrata Salad
- Arugula 5 oz
- 1 peach thinly sliced
- 1 ball burrata cheese
- 3 oz prosciutto
- Balsamic dressing — I used some of my homemade recipe included. Recipe will make more than you need but can be saved in fridge for other salads!
Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar — I use champagne balsamic from The Olive Press
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
Balsamic (IF making, do first)
- If using a think honey, melt in microwave before using.
- Add all ingredients into a container that seals and shake up until evenly combined. Chill in refrigerator until salad is complete, or make ahead of time.
- Heat a frying pan with 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Line a plate with a paper towel and place near pan.
- Place prosciutto slices in pan, single layer — you will need to do in a couple batches. Fry a couple minutes each side until mostly crispy and move to plate. When done lay another paper towel over top and soak up excess grease and then crumble / rip prosciutto into smaller pieces.
- Thinly slice peach if you haven’t already.
- Rinse your arugula if needed and add to salad bowl.
- Add sliced peaches, crispy prosciutto to salad.
- Break burrata ball open over salad.
- Drizzle dressing and enjoy!