As you’ll hear me mention in many posts, I love to work with in season produce. It’s often a major factor in deciding what recipes to develop for the week! This summer, I have been ALL about peaches. Last week I made a peach & brie grilled cheese and honestly I’m still drooling every time I think about it. SO GOOD. This recipe has been one of my quick go-tos this summer. It tastes similar to peach cobbler but has so much less added sugar, and takes like 10 minutes max to make. It’s perfect to serve over vanilla ice cream – hello perfect summer dessert! – and the leftovers will remain in the fridge for a couple days if you want to spice up your morning yogurt, cereal, etc.
When shopping for your ingredients make sure you use fresh ripe peaches, they should be soft to the touch but not mushy feeling when you gently press on the outside. Canned or frozen peaches are already too soft and while you could use them to make something similar I wouldn’t recommend sautéing with granola as it will just be soggy! This recipe is best enjoyed in season.
With all that being said, we’ll dive straight into this one, considering it only takes 10 mins you probably don’t want to spend a whole bunch of time reading more about my love for peaches. 🍑
Honey Granola Sautéed Peaches
- 2 peaches
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup granola I used honey & oat
- Pit and slice peaches into thin, approx 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat adding in butter and honey until fully melted and combined.
- Turn heat to medium-low and add in peaches, stir for about a minute.
- Add in granola last and stir about 2 minutes until both peaches and granola are softened but not soggy.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, yogurt or by itself!
- Makes approx 3 cups prepared ~ easily adjust quantities to make as little, or much, as you want!
- Use any granola you want, I like honey and oat as it tastes great with the honey but if you want a grain or no sugar added version, go for it. There is plenty of sweetness from the peaches and honey.