I would eat pasta every. single. day. if it didn’t mean an extra trip to the gym each time. Pasta is simply the best. These parmesan and lemon butter noodles are as simple as it gets, topped with even easier roasted shrimp coated in pesto sauce and finished off with roasted cherry tomatoes that burst in your mouth and add oh so much flavor. We’ll start this dish by roasting the tomatoes & shrimp, then boil noodles which will get tossed with reserve pasta water, fresh lemon juice, butter and some parmesan. Creamy without being too heavy. Flavorful but not overpowering the shrimp and tomatoes. The three together make for the tastiest combo!
I used a store bought pesto for this dish… as much as I love to make it, I usually stick to store bought unless pesto is the star of the dish. If you want to make a homemade version, this pistachio pesto would be fantastic, and is also super simple. As for the shrimp, I left the tail on as it allows the shrimp to hold moisture while cooking. You can absolutely remove the tails if you prefer. Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don’t, honestly just depends on my mood!
If you’ve been here before, you know I always encourage you to do your own thing where possible in a recipe. For the seasonings, if you love a little heat, add more red pepper flakes than called for. Start with a little salt and add to taste. Out of parsley? Skip it, or use basil instead. Make as many tomatoes as you want to eat, the limit doesn’t exist here. If you’ve got someone that’s not a shrimp fan, you could easily make some grilled chicken and cube, toss in pesto and add to this dish as well! I also like to keep things short and sweet unless it’s related to the dish, if you want to read about my life, I’ve got a separate section here for that. With that being said, let’s get to it!
Parmesan Lemon Butter Noodles with Roasted Pesto Shrimp & Vine Tomatoes
- 8 oz. angel hair noodles
- 4 tbsp butter
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- 1+ tbsp parsley
- 1+ tsp red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
Roasted Shrimp & Tomatos
- 1+ handful(s) cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 10 oz raw & thawed shrimp (300g)
- 1/2 cup pesto
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400'.
- Add cherry tomatoes to center of a baking tray, I used a 9×9", drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil. Roast for 10 minutes.
- While cherry tomatoes are roasting toss your shrimp in a bowl with your pesto sauce to fully and evenly coat.
- When tomatoes are a few minutes away from done start a medium to large pot of salted water to boil.
- Remove pan from oven and add in shrimp all around the edges. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over shrimp & tomatoes and put back in oven for 8-10 more minutes. When finished remove pan from oven and set aside.
- While shrimp cooks in oven add noodles to boiling water, making sure to stir to not allow any noodles to stick together. Cook about 5 minutes until al dente. ( I always recommend using directions on the pasta box for timing if you are unsure)!
- Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water and drain the rest.
- Turn heat to low and add butter and noodles back to same pan. Stir until butter is fully melted and evenly stirred in. Stir in your lemon juice, reserved pasta water, parmesan cheese, parsley, red pepper flakes, about 2 tsp each of salt and pepper. Taste test and add more salt if desired.
- Plate by adding noodles and spooning over some of your roasted tomatoes and pesto shrimp to plate.