This salad is EVERYTHING ~but the bagel~. I’ve become such a fan of using this seasoning on lots of things beyond just bagels, one classic being avocado toast, so figured why not try on an avocado salad. With a little added coconut aminos and ginger this salad is light, healthy, super flavorful and guaranteed to be a new staple for me, especially since it is so easy and quick to make!
The crunch of the cucumber paired with the softness of the avocado makes the perfect green team in this salad. While avocado is higher in calorie it’s also really high in good fats and nutrients that you need. Hello healthy hair and skin! And it’s fine because cucumber basically has no calories. I used coconut aminos as the base in the dressing ~ if you’re unfamiliar with coconut aminos it’s basically the sap of coconut palms and is really similar tasting and looking to a low sodium soy. Benefit? It’s lower in sodium and has a slight hint of sweetness in it as well, and for those of you who don’t like coconut, no worries, there is absolutely no coconut flavor! I use this quite a bit for salty soy flavor without taking in all the sodium! I only added a little bit of ginger paste to this, which you can omit if you don’t like, but if you do I can’t recommend enough having a tube of ginger paste in the fridge to be able to add a little to recipes here and there. It is so much easier and more practical than buying fresh ginger root and preparing all the time! With that, let’s get to it ~
Everything Bagel Avocado Cucumber Salad
- 1 cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp everything bagel seasoning
- Dice cucumber, I find it easiest to slice into 1/4 inch thick slices and then cut into quarters or smaller from there. Place in bowl.
- Dice avocado and add to bowl.
- Mix coconut aminos, ginger paste, and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Pour over salad and gently stir until evenly combined.
- Sprinkle some everything bagel seasoning over salad and gently stir again.
- Add some more to top for garnish and more flavor.
- Use this ratio to make as much as you want, you could easily half this for a smaller snack.
- Sub low sodium soy (or regular) for coconut aminos if you don’t have any.
- Don’t love or have any ginger? Skip it.
- Use as much seasoning as you want!