hi y’all! Some of my favorite recipes I make tend to be a mix of what I have in the kitchen that needs used up … it’s amazing the creativity that sparks when you’re feeling lazy. I had some leftover mozzarella and pesto and had my eye on these totally delicious pretzel buns the bakery had made up so sliders it was. I know these aren’t anything super complex but they were so darn good. I can’t believe I hadn’t tried this combo before. I got a “you will totally need to make these for us again” from my husband which is always the tell tale sign that the recipe was a winner. We ate these up for dinner but they would be a great party appetizer, barbecue addition, or game day recipe to serve. Enjoy!
Pesto Mozzarella Sliders
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 slider buns (I used pretzel)
- 6+ tsp pesto
- olive oil & sea salt to season buns (optional)
- Mix together ground beef, worcestershire, and salt. Evenly divide seasoned ground beef into 6 even parts and form into patties.
- Optional Step: Preheat oven to 325' if you want to toast your buns a little bit. If you are doing this you can brush tops of buns with olive oil and sprinkle a little sea salt for flavor. This tastes especially good if you are using pretzel buns.
- You can cook your mini burger patties however you like or usually cook burger patties. I cooked in the skillet over low heat for extra tender patties. To cook this way add your patties to a large saute pan and cover, turn heat to low/medium (heat setting 3). Allow to slowly cook until meat has browned up the sides of the patties. Flip and allow the other side to slow cook as well.
- Pop buns in the oven to bake for 5 minutes.
- While buns are baking turn heat to the burgers off once cooked, add a slice of fresh mozzarella to each, and put the lid back on to keep the heat in and allow cheese to melt.
- Slice toasted buns in half, add a cheesy slider, top with some pesto, add your top bun and enjoy!