You guys. This sandwich is summer time comfort food at it’s finest. Fresh peaches, melting brie, crispy buttered bread…. grilled cheese heaven. Don’t get me wrong, a standard grilled cheese sandwich is hard to beat, but if you want an elevated switch up this summer, this is IT.
Fresh peaches are key in this recipe, ripened but not overly so to where they are super juicy. I bought unripe peaches and left on the counter a few days before making. Also super important to make sure they are fresh, not canned or frozen as if they are too juicy they will make your bread soggy. Enjoy these as a treat when peaches are in season! As with any grilled cheese they are best served while bread is freshly toasted and the cheese is warm. This is especially the case with brie which will start to ooze out of the sandwich, so serve when fresh!
Peach & Brie Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 peach thinly sliced
- 8 oz wheel of brie
- 1 tbsp sliced basil leaves
- Salt & Pepper
- Butter (approx. 1/2 tbsp) the outside of each slice of bread. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Slice wheel of brie in half both across the diameter and through the center so you have 4 thinner halves. Pit and thinly slice peach if you haven’t already.
- Turn fry pan to medium heat, layer first piece of bread butter side down, lay one slice of brie, topped with peaches (half peach thinly sliced per sandwich), sprinkle basil, followed by second brie slice and bread, buttered side up.
- Toast until golden brown and then flip over to cook other side until golden brown. Slice in half, whichever way you prefer and enjoy!